Thread: "inside scoop"
View Single Post
Old 23-04-02, 10:15 AM   #5
Stoepsel
Waiting For The Night To Fall...

Quote:
Originally posted by AYB
I find it quite bizzare as I would've thought its the kind of thing that would be a helluva lot easier to code, if like Grokster, you're actually writing the client.
Yeah, I've been an avid user of MX while I was still using Morpheus and Grokster. Not doing so know because of the BDE debate going on.

I also followed your MX message board and read that a lot of the features that would make MX more powerful can't be done, because you have no real way to control the client (e.g. Grokster) in such a way that would allow you to advanced tweaking. Like things that the eDonkey bot does to eDonkey. Or maybe you just haven't had the time to really get into manipulating the client in such advanced ways.

I'd also expect that Grokster could incorporate such features more easily, assuming that they actually write the client.

Be sure to keep us posted on your advances on your p2p client. I'm sure a lot of Napsterites would be willing to give your client a whirl even in the earliest of development stages.

Stoepsel