View Single Post
Old 29-01-02, 07:57 PM   #12
goldie
yea, it's me.

Default 1st step

Okay here's what I did so far:

1. Went into WinMX - changed file types to include dat files along with the mp3's and exe's.
2. Grabbed a dat file that I knew the title of already, highlighted the dat file, renamed it to mp3 (in WinMX).

3. Dat file, now an mp3 is now listed, with it's stats: bitrate, size, frequency and time appearing normal in WinMX shared folder same as it appears in Morpheus shared file.

Unfortunately this is as far as I've gotten. Will keep you posted of further experiments LOL.

GR

[SIZE=big]UPDATED:[/size]

Lucked out and found the exact same file from the exact same user in WinMX as I'd originally dl'd from on Morpheus.

Attempted to dl (actually it was as a RESUME) the file and received the dreaded "Resume does not match" message from WinMX. Renamed the file exactly the way the user had the file named and tried to dl again and received the same message. (It took about 45 seconds for WinMX to compare the two files.)

Why do ya think? Is it strictly because of the end of file data that Morpheus adds on or is it something else having to do with WinMX? I'm kindof leaning towards the stuff Morph adds but, I'm not exactly the best qualified person to come to that conclusion .

Sooooooooooo.....................that's where I'm at for now. Anyone have any ingenious suggestions? I'm not a 'puter brain so suggestions will have to be relatively tame.......errrr.........lame LOL. Willing to give it a shot though!

This is very interesting (and kindof fun really) nevertheless!!

Last edited by goldie : 29-01-02 at 09:38 PM.
goldie is offline   Reply With Quote