View Single Post
Old 31-12-04, 01:14 PM   #20
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmd62
A passenger jet is not an aerobatic airplane.
Yes it is. 20 g's positive and negative. Not sure about inverted fuel but I think so. Found the story of the barrel rolled 737 a couple of times in magazines and a few stories of excursions into aerobatic flight with various passenger jets that were recovered from and others that weren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmd62
and the wings will be the first to seperate from the aircraft as it reaches its "G force" limits with the fuselage breaking up immediately followed by the wings tearing off.
Get your rant in order jc. The engines are designed to drop off well before the wings for survivability. In a straight dive you can't get more than one g stress, straight back of course, and I doubt a passenger jets wings could be stripped off like that. GA planes can kiss them goodbye pretty quickly though.

Anyway I think the start altitude was 3,000 ft with nothing but a straight pushover so not much time or reason for anything to break off.

Annoying how searches turn up conspiracy bullshit that the tabloid morons find so facinating instead of established facts.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote