View Single Post
Old 03-02-03, 07:04 PM   #7
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

As a network architecture FastTrack is certainly not very centralized and even less localized but everything we have seen so far suggests that the developers have a good 'remote control' over it. And that is really the only logical choice if they want to make any kind of business with the network. You can't negotiate commercially about something that you don't have control over.

Quote:
Originally posted by napho
I've noticed some unusual characteristics by Kazaa++ for the last day or so. It's not as consistently fast and people who have installed the latest version say they've gone from 100k/sec down to 2. I doubt it's the new version because i haven't changed a thing and still something is happening. Maybe the powers that be are playing around with the prospect of less centralized control.
You might be onto something here, Napho. It's quite possible that some dedicated servers have been used to 'trim up' the connectivity of the network and now they are testing how it all holds together without the servers. This is just speculation of course.

Anyway, I am sure that the FastTrack developers are smart enough to make the network work without any support servers if they need to. The issue of network control is somewhat separate and can be handled even in a fully decentralized environment with in-built crypto locks etc.

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote