Thread: Thanks America
View Single Post
Old 18-03-05, 02:26 AM   #38
Gutrguy
Semiblind

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmd62
Gutr your not semiblind, your totally fucking blind. Since when does a few idiots protesting mean ANYTHING is or isn't correct or approved by a majority? Yes America and its citizens approve of this war or they would have voted Kerry in since his first agenda would have been to end the war in Iraq, pull our troops out, cut defense spending by 90%, completely weaken our defenses and intelligence gathering capabilities, and increase our vulnerability to Terrorist attacks by 100% then hide his Herman Munster looking head in the sand and wait for the inevitable to happen.

Hasn't anyone ever got right in your face and swore what you were doing or saying was wrong, only to find out later that you were right in what you were doing and it did work out for the best? Just because some disagreed with you didn't make you WRONG did it? It is you that doesn't understand what protesting is. Protesting is just people disagreeing with others on a larger scale.

You libs must still be reading those exit polls that showed Kerry winning by over 2 points. Finally people see the innaccuracy of these exit polls and how wrong they can really be. Americans clearly showed with this vote that unlike our liberal friends that the majority of Americans are indeed in touch with REALITY and see TERRORISM as a REAL threat not only to our Nations security but to our own personal safety and most importantly as a threat to our FREEDOM. They voted for the candidate that they felt would best take the fight to the Terrorists and not another candidate that will allow attack after attack against us and do NOTHING just as our integrity-less Democrat predecessor Mr. Clinton did for 8 years.

Read all the fiction you want but the economy, gay marraige, jobs, RELIGION, were all secondary to the threat of Terrorism. Don't worry gutr with that head firmly planted where it is you'll never have to worry about seeing the other side of anything.
Wow, how did i miss this?....oh well...better late than never i suppose...

I have to say that John Kerry not being ellected (and his 'plans' for Iraq) has nothing to do with this war being correct or not. To just pull our troops out and leave Iraq in this mess we created, as John Kerry had planned, would be wrong...IMO that is why John Kerry did not win.

This war began with incorrect information....the body count of dead soldiers has risen to over 1500 and over 11,000 wounded. These brave men and women are fighting in a country (fighting a war) that had nothing to do with the terrorism attatcks on US soil. Sending troops into Afghanistan to search for those responsible for 9/11 is/was correct, but that isnt important anymore is it?...what is important is Iraq and Saddam. Ever wonder how or why the focus shifted from OBL to Saddam? (and so very quickly) Or why our military can find Saddam in a 'spider hole' but have no clue where the 'mastermind' of the attatcks that catapulted our nation into 'The Age of Terror'?

Just because Clinton did not wage a full scale war against another country does not mean that he did nothing. http://www.cdt.org/policy/terrorism/...error-otl.html Bill Clinton did quite a bit to step up this countries defences against terrorism. Starting a war should not be the first step, but the last, Clinton seemed to understand that...i cannot say the same for our current President.

I am a very open minded person...I like to hear both sides to whatever issue is on tap, then decide how I feel and if I agree with either party or not. To believe that everyone who is against this war is a 'Liberal' or 'Democrat' (or 'Liberal Democrat') is very narrow minded and ignorant. I am a registered Republican...(i know...hard to believe huh? ) that does not stop me from disagreeing with things this Republican President has said or done...nor does it stop me from voting for a Democrat or Independent candidate. I vote for candidates based on my personal views and beliefs, not by party lines.

It is apparent by the amount of people that have protested (and are still protesting this war) in the United States alone (not to mention around the world) that the people believe it is not correct. Since the one year 'anniversery' of the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq the amount of protests has increased over 100%, a good reflection of the deepening doubts about the war after a disastrous year of continued body counts and billions of dollars wasted on an illegal and immoral occupation.
Gutrguy is offline   Reply With Quote