Thread: Deal With It
View Single Post
Old 22-06-03, 01:47 PM   #5
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally posted by pod
Right, most albums are a bunch of singles grouped together anyways. This is especially true of anyone getting radio play, almost by definition.

There are many albums which stand together, and are best listened to as a unit; they follow a theme, tell a story, flow into each other, whatever. Tracks are merely used to delimit and index major breaks. Those will still sell fine in both a la cart track and in album modes. If all the tracks on your CD are good, then why would it matter to you how they're sold? If you just want to push out some filler, then I can see how the all important album sales would suffer.

And yeah, nothing shows off your artistic talents and creativity like a 3-4 minute time limit and a radio friendly sound.
yup, there's the rub....very few artists are capable of putting together more than a couple of good tracks in any single recording effort.

i love to see the mainstream of the old guard kick and scream in the face of inevitable change...something's happening, but you don't what it is, do you, Mr. Jones?
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote