View Single Post
Old 21-11-04, 09:27 PM   #3
chefws

Zomby,
Thanks for the reply.
I use Intervideo 6 for dvd files playback, WMP for avi, MusicMatch for mp3's, all with proper file associations. I will use Audigrabber for future rippings, thanks for the suggestion. I use DVDShrink for DVD's.
I guess I should have gone into more detail on what I'm trying to accomplish with what I'm doing.
First, I got too many computers.
I've got 3 WinXP desktops, and 1 Mac. I have 4 WinXp laptops, all wireless. The new computer I have only has a 150 gig hdd, which I have amost filled. I will get a 300 gig in the next few days.
I am trying to consolidate all the media on the new computer, and be able to access it either through the lan or wireless. I am trying to get away from having to go into the network to different computers to find a particular file, hence the 300 gig hdd + the 150 gig hdd.
My concern is if I put it all onto the new computer, will the digital rights management of the preloaded programs take control of my files?
If so, I don't want to remove the copies on the other comps that are protected from DRM.
As for the server aspect, I guess will have to create a separate network for media only, so only the media files will show, rather than all the shared files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombywoof
I stay away from musicmatch because it's an overblown piece of junk
I would too, but I actually bought it before I knew any better, way back in the day. I keep it under control by not updating.

Thanks again for the repy