View Single Post
Old 15-10-04, 11:34 AM   #22
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisser
Since 2/3 of the economy is generated by consumer spending, the higher gas prices take away disposible income from most families, therefore hurting the economic growth of the country.
That is the one way way of looking at it. But-With high oil prices the U.S. central bank will most likely not rise interst rates which will keep cost of goods down, stocks will raise while T-bills and Bonds drop. Yes the economy will take a hit but it shouldn't be that big of one.

Quote:
Frankly, Bush doesn't give a shit about the average (read, middle class) families of America, just his rich oil buddies, that's why I say, throw the bum out!
Bush does not control the Oil Industry, nor does he set the price of oil. Hurricane Ivan disrupted oil production in the Gulf and there are big oil producing countries right now dealing with strikes in the oil industry, again Bush has no control over it. So what do you think is going to happen if Kerry wins the election? Oil is just magically going to drop in price. Seems you are going to Vote Kerry because the masses of California are --"I guess it doesn't really matter anyways, because Kerry will take California easily, he can't be any worse than Bush"---pisser.

One good thing tho, even if Kerry wins, which is a big if, the Republicans will still control Congress.