View Single Post
Old 12-09-05, 10:23 PM   #12
Repo

On the 4TH anniversary of the 9/11 attacks we should look back and remember how we felt then, what actually happened and what has been accomplished since then. I was shocked and mad at the terrorists, oddly I am still shocked and mad just this time I am mad at the terrorists and at the response to them. I still remember President Bush standing at the rubble that was the World Trade Center, next to a fireman and yelling into a megaphone that he would get the people responsible. Four years later President Bush has still not got Osama bin Laden nor al-Qaida's second in command Ayman al-Zawahri, instead he sent American troops into Iraq, a move that has helped al-Qaida recruit more members and bogged down the American military in a dangerous guerrilla war. True we have not been attacked since but considering al-Qaida is known for meticulously planning for up to 5 years in advance of attacking, one should not draw the conclusion that since another attack hasn't happened yet that it won't or that the government is responsible for preventing an attack...

On the 4TH anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, plans are ready to rebuild the area with another big structure. My personal feeling is that it is wrong to rebuild on the land that held the World Trade Center. A lot of people died there; their bodies were never recovered. It was the largest attack on American civilians that I know of and the ground should be sacred. It should be turned into a park, so that the families of the dead have a place to reflect. It is a cemetery and cemeteries should not have skyscrapers built on them. If ever there was a use for eminent domain this is it; the government should buy the land and make it into a park...

On the 4TH anniversary of the 9/11 attacks America now has the Department Of Homeland Security. A department created to counter a terrorist attack by putting several government agencies under one roof with one person making decisions. DHS was suppose to smooth operations by having competing agencies working together with one large budget. Hurricane Katrina proved the Department Of Homeland Security an utter failure. Monies that should have been used to shore up the New Orleans levies went elsewhere and FEMA, now under the Department Of Homeland Security was so slow to respond to the needs of the people that people died directly due to their negligence. If DHS is ineffective in reacting to something as regular as a hurricane, imagine how they would react to a nuclear or biological attack in a major city. Their decisions made before and after Hurricane Katrina should have you very concerned about the well being of your family in the event of another terrorist attack or even another natural disaster...

The Department Of Homeland Security came out with a color code security system, seems kind of silly now doesn't it? They know how to warn you before an attack but based on their response after the Hurricane Katrina attack; they don't have a grip on what to do after an attack. There lies the problem, a bigger government, more bureaucracy and less qualified people running it. On the 4TH anniversary of the 9/11 attacks the same government people are saying the same things and less is getting done. It is business as usual...
Repo is offline   Reply With Quote