View Single Post
Old 12-10-07, 12:43 PM   #1
Sinner
--------------------

Default MTV Awards, Oscars, Nobel Peace Prize…

Are all funny to me and in the same group. Now that Al Gore has won the Nobel Peace Prize for being a hypocrite, making a movie with bad science and lies, flying around in private jets, big limos, polluting the environment more then most do, this prize has lost all creditability and it is all about politics, not achievement. Maybe Michael Moore will win one next year!! The academy award I understand Al winning. That is all about politics, the winners are the people who suck up the most and bash the GOP, it has nothing to do with acting ability.

Anyways…..

Some other thoughts

Matthew Whitley of Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Over the last decades, the Nobel Peace Prize has increasingly become a laughingstock. That Al Gore of all people should be honored this year is another nail in the Nobel Peace Prize's coffin of legitimacy and relevance. Much like the prize for literature, the peace prize is becoming nothing more than a political bauble awarded to some political insider advocating the cause of the week.

Al Gore has been "working" for climate change for an enormous period of four whole years, coincidentally discovering this new passion right when his political career was slouching to its end. The Nobel Committee actually expects us to believe that, out of all human organizations working for peace and the improvement of the human condition, Al Gore's paltry four-year media circus of climate change advocacy is the most significant achievement we have to show for ourselves?

How ridiculous. I'm embarrassed for the legacy of the Nobel Prizes, I'm embarrassed for my country, and, if I were Al Gore, I'd be embarrassed to stand in front of the world claiming to be a worthy, legitimate recipient of the peace prize.

Emily McGue of Columbus, Ohio

I think it is absurd that Al Gore won the Nobel Peace Prize for raising awareness about something that is not even true. Global warming may be happening, but is not because of us. There are many scientists out there who would love to agree with me. If you are going to give recognition to someone for promoting the awareness of something that isn't even true, you might as well just hand out a half-million dollars to some random person walking down the street, they would be more deserving.

Mark McCord of New Richmond, Wisconsin

This just means the Nobel Peace Prize no longer stands for peace, it stands for propaganda, fear and political agendas.

Can anyone here really say he desevres this???