View Single Post
Old 04-04-05, 03:15 PM   #5
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Shy Britney gets support from Pamela Anderson and Desperate Housewives stars

KSAT.com:

Pamela Anderson Sticks Up For Indignant Britney

POSTED: 12:51 pm CST April 1, 2005

BURBANK, Calif. -- Pam Anderson is throwing her support behind Britney Spears.

Tired of pregnancy reports, Britney Spears this week lashed out at the tabloid media for apparently making stuff up about her.

Anderson told Access Hollywood that she could go "sue crazy" on everybody for misrepresenting or misjudging her character, but she said, "At the end of the day, hopefully people realize that the tabloids are just awful."

She added that they sell magazines based on negative stories about people, and that no one's going to buy happy stories.

On March 30, Spears wrote an open letter to what she called "False Tabloids."

In the letter she wrote, "As you read this letter, I bet you are asking yourself: Who? Who, me? Am I a false tabloid? Well, I don't know. But after this posting, I hope you are asking yourself a lot of questions. Your employees are a reflection of your magazine. Do you, Us Weekly, In Touch, Star and other desperate magazines want employees who are honest, or those who are liars? It seems to me that you'd prefer the latter. I'm really concerned about the people you hire to work at your companies. I'd like them to ask themselves the question, "What am I lying to myself about?" Is it that you are 50 pounds overweight? Is it that your children aren't making wise decisions? Or is it maybe that your husband or boyfriend is cheating on you? Until you face what is going on in your life, I guess you'll remain a false tabloid."

Spears also wrote that People Magazine is great in her book.

Anderson, star of Fox's upcoming sitcom "Stacked," said she won't allow any tabloid magazines in her presence. "I just said, 'Look, I don't want any of that stuff around me.'"

Teen Hollywood:

Desperate Housewives Stars Support Britney Spears' Attack on Tabloids

In an interview with "Access Hollywood," "Desperate Housewives" stars Marcia Cross and Eva Longoria say they support pop star Britney Spears latest attack on the tabloid media. The interview aired on "Access Hollywood," Friday, April 1, 2005.

Cross, who endured media speculation that she was a lesbian earlier this year, says she knows only too well how Spears feels. "I've learned personally that they can write anything they want," she says. "It's hard, and the fact that she would say that doesn't surprise me...it's a hard thing to continually, in your private life, have to deal with. I don't know how you protect yourself, I really haven't got any ideas."

Longoria says she feels that a group effort against the tabloid media could prove to be successful. "I think we should totally unite and just ban those tabloid magazines."

"Access Hollywood" is produced by NBC and distributed by NBC UniversalDomestic Television Distribution. Rob K. Silverstein is the executive producer.
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote