View Single Post
Old 17-12-04, 12:16 PM   #46
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

Quote:
this was clearly a case of Clinton paying lip service rather than his more accustomed position on the receiving end. so what happens when a Republican President actually does what this bill supports? well, we all know the answer to that.
In your imagination perhaps, but not really, because the approach supported in the bill made much more sense than what that Republican president actually did, which was basically to rush in all pumped up with a total disregard for the support of body of nations who had so recently galvanized in the post-911 world and all shared the same concerns, and without any coherent exit strategy, like the whole affair was going to be some two month long publicity photo-op for American superiority, but ironically creating the largest recruitment of specifically anti-American terrorist organizations there could ever possibly be. The Clinton bill was designed to strengthen the democratic Iraqi parties and movements opposed to the regime with international cooperation and to create an international criminal tribunal to indict, prosecute, and imprison the officials of that regime, a situation which you can bet, over time, would have led to the removal, surgical or otherwise, of Saddam Hussein, and a favorable and natural shift in Iraq's basic political equilibrium, while this particular Republican president injected a military presence which failed to shock and awe with sufficient majesty to magically change everyone's hearts and minds and has been reduced to body guards for these democratic Iraqi parties and movements when and if they can find them and ensure their basic survival in the melee long enough to get one 'elected' as a chief target, and a protector of an unstable Iraqi police force which seems to only draw more fire as result of that protection, and sadly in this situation, having Saddam in a little room somewhere doesn't really mean jack.

Be that as it fucking may, you may call it lip service, I was simply using it to show that a problem was being addressed long before Bush insisted it was urgent due to the eminent threat of mythological weapons of mass destruction and allusions to completely unrelated terrorist acts.:shrug: Seems like we all oughta know that from any number of other way more obvious indicators, but at the level of most of these discussions you can never be too sure of anything like that. Sometimes according to some people, it seems like all was darkness and without form before the Time of Bush--they seem to be in a kind of religious ecstasy, filled with the self-righteous glee of televangelists, but instead of 'sinners,' all who do not share this pure adulation are 'sore-losers.'

Funny, I've been explaining why I don't like Bush and his policies for four years, but some of these morons seem to think I should just magically start liking him since he got elected again. Meanwhile these same morons are still whining about Clinton--mostly on the basis of having gotten an extramarital blowjob. I can't tell if this adolescent fixation is a result of pure jealousy or if it pings their guilt, but I have a hard time believing it's actual moral outrage.

Quote:
So Gump why didn't Gore win by a landslide if Bill was such a great President? he was Bills boy. Groomed for the job. How could an idiot like Bush win against a former Vice President of such a great president?
Very true, Gore didn't win by a landslide, he just won by a small fraction of the popular vote. C'est la vie. Bush certainly has no landslides under his belt either, except perhaps in your little cheer leading head, where the soil seems perpetually loose.

Quote:
Next thing we know, u'll be promoting the GOOSE STEP.

Please be very carefull what u wish for. U are starting to sound like u want more gov.
Save your breath Nic, you're talking to a guy who got a court order to install cameras in his restrooms. Government is invisible to such hypocritical assholes as long as it serves them and their special interests, but the minute it moves to serve someone else that's when they start bitching about it being too much.
Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote