View Single Post
Old 18-04-01, 01:29 AM   #53
thinker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird

Madness - Our House - this 1983 track was a triumph in ska.

Mannfred Mann - Blinded By The Light

Police - Roxanne - this song helped restore the fact that a trio of bass, guitar, and drums can be a musical force.

Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale - a triumph of the organ in rock and roll.

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody - the varying tempos and somewhat nonsensical parts of the song make this selection timeless. Wayne's World propelled this track back to No. 2 on the U.S. charts in 1992.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge, Californication, Otherside

Rolling Stones - Sympathy For The Devil - it showed that 'Ol Scratch can be anyone, anytime.

Smash Mouth - Walkin' On The Sun - this retro-sounding hit revealed much of society to its core.

The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again

Todd Rundgren - I Saw The Light - most think it's just another '70s love song, but listen past the lyrics (but don't completely ignore them) into the actual music. It's actually pretty complex. Every time I hear it I pick up something else.

Counting Crows - A Long December

Creed - My Own Prison

Cypress Hill - (Rock)/(Rap) Superstar - listening to either version clearly sheds light on the baseness of the music industry.

Garbage - Stupid Girl - this song illustrates those who try to be something more by pretending but actually become nothing.

Green Day - Good Riddance

Moby - Natural Blues

No Doubt - Don't Speak

Rammstein - Du Hast

Most of the catalogue of Smashing Pumpkins.

Travis - Why Does It Always Rain On Me?

Violent Femmes - Kiss Off

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's all I have to say about that.