Thread: Missing Years
View Single Post
Old 11-08-04, 03:14 PM   #6
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddydirt
this guy's all over the place tk. i guess i'm a lost cause.......i actually prefer the idiot over sen. flip-flop.
i see your point, dd, but when i consider the context of his voting record, it doesn't bother me.

we're talking about the US Senate, where yea and nay votes are cast for a variety of reasons besides the actual merits (or lack thereof) of whatever is being voted on. there's a helluva lot of horse-trading that goes on in the Senate cloakroom that determines who votes for what (as in "you vote for my bill and i'll vote for yours)....votes are also cast in protest or as a bone to appease constituencies or because of certain provisions in a bill. so i know it is a gross oversimplification to say "Senator X voted against this military appropriations bill, therefore he's anti-military" or "Senator Y changed his vote, therefore he's an indecisive waffle".

examine any Senator's voting record and you will find all kinds of inconsistencies....and the further you go back, the more you will find. do they say more about the man or the realities of American politics?
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote