Thread: Missing Years
View Single Post
Old 11-08-04, 01:42 AM   #4
daddydirt
even the losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife
......however, the only reason to vote for him is a most compelling one: i'm comfortable that he is not likely to take us into an unwinnable war to fulfill his political agenda. that's good enough for me.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2004Aug7.html
xpunx@xpunx.mil : xpunx

Knowing then what he knows today about the lack of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, Kerry still would have voted to authorize the war and "in all probability" would have launched a military attack to oust Hussein by now if he were president, Kerry national security adviser Jamie Rubin said in an interview Saturday. As recently as Friday, the Massachusetts senator had said he only "might" have still gone to war.

"in all probability" ? "might" ? those are very strong & decisive words.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...=la-util-op-ed
latimes1 : latimes2

Figuring out in advance what any potential president will do is a difficult undertaking in the best of circumstances, because political rhetoric often has little in common with actual policy. Witness George W. Bush's transformation from skeptic to champion of nation-building. Or Bill Clinton's metamorphosis from China-basher to China-booster.

But prognostication is especially tough in Kerry's case. There are three main schools of American foreign policy: isolationism, idealism and realism. At various points in his career — sometimes at various points in the same speech — Kerry has championed all of them.

......This muddle raises the question of whether Kerry has a worldview, or whether he merely goes wherever the political winds blow. Surely it's no coincidence that his stances track precisely mainstream Democratic opinion, which was isolationist in the 1970s and 1980s, idealistically interventionist in the 1990s and coldly realist since 2001. When the Democrats were split, as they were over Iraq in 2002 and 2003, he clumsily tried to appease both hawks and doves. Where he will wind up nobody knows — not even, I suspect, him.

this guy's all over the place tk. i guess i'm a lost cause.......i actually prefer the idiot over sen. flip-flop.

Last edited by daddydirt : 11-08-04 at 05:59 AM.
daddydirt is offline   Reply With Quote