View Single Post
Old 01-05-02, 09:44 PM   #20
pb8
My sole purpose in life was simply to serve as a warning to others.

Default Re: Not by me!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramona_A_Stone
The Girl From Ipanema

That was one mind warping tune. For so many, young and old it would get into your head and was hard as hell to shake out at times!

Quote:
Some other all around good classic instrumental bands I'd mention would be The Ventures (Walk Don't Run, Theme From Hawaii Five-O), Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass (The Lonely Bull, Tijuana Taxi, Taste of Honey, Spanish Flea

Some really good tunes there, but like some one mentioned in another post in here, you wouldn't be caught dead listening to them now.
Quote:
A few other fun and funky classics that leap to mind are Ray Anthony: Peter Gunn Catastrophe, Hot Butter: Popcorn, The Edgar Winter Group: Frankenstein, Apollo 100: Joy (pre-switched-on-Bach), The Tornadoes: Telstar, Mason Williams: Classical Gas, Hugo Montenegro: The Theme from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Booker T. and the MGs: Green Onions... ok--my brain is shutting down in a fog of surf classics with no names... I'd have to dig through my burns for a more comprehensive list...

Funny you don't look old enough to remember most of those tunes. As for your surfin' classics, how could you not recall

'The Surfaris - Wipeout'

From the 90's music by a relatively obscure group called 'The Hellecasters' offers up only instrumental electric guitar cuts.

The following would make for a good sampling of their stuff. Not for everyones taste's I'm sure, but worth a quick listen.

The Hellecasters - Son Becomes Father.mp3
The Hellecasters - Peter Gunn.mp3
The Hellecasters - Lost in Kashmir.mp3
The Hellecasters - 5 Minutes To Spare.mp3

Ramona, you might get a smile out of that Peter Gunn cut if you can find it

They say such nice things about people at their funerals that it makes me sad that I'm going to miss mine by just a few days.
pb8 is offline   Reply With Quote