View Single Post
Old 15-04-01, 09:05 AM   #9
HellBound

The United States Declaration of Independence reads, in part, as follows:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed...
While Jefferson ultimately attributes the source of humanity's "inalienable rights" to the "Creator," he recognizes that the only way for humanity to maintain these rights is by self-governance. That is, whether you are granted rights by God or not is essentially irrelevant, since the actual exercise of those rights is a social phenomenon.

Deriving their just powers from the consent of the goverened....that sentence should say it all...but it doesnt...when it comes down to it...the consent come from those with the most money...usually corporations.

HellBound

and no you dont need a whole lot of god, you need belief in yourself and belief in what you do...and no one but yourself can give you that.

Last edited by HellBound : 15-04-01 at 09:06 AM.
HellBound is offline   Reply With Quote