View Single Post
Old 07-11-06, 11:49 AM   #5
Sinner
--------------------

Well the Democrats will most likely take congress in my opinion, but the good news is it will not be the Howard Dean - Nancy Pelosi type of Democrats. Jon Tester is in a close race in Montana, he is a democrat who voted against the Patriot Act because he thinks it will restrict people`s access to guns and he against amnesty for illegal immigrants. Bob Casey in Pennsylvania is leading a close race, he is pro-life and he said he would have voted to confirm Supreme Court Judge Alito, Brad Ellsworth in Indiana sounds like Reagan, he has signed a pledge promising no tax increases, saying that more than enough money comes in to the federal government. Bottom line is the democrats may defeat the Republicans but it will not be with liberal Democrats. Thank god for that.

Quote:
What these and other races around the country indicate: that Americans by and large have centrist values which lean conservative. Values like small government, low taxes, and standing up for what`s right, as opposed to standing up for what`s left or right.

Americans are not necessarily against the war. I really truly believe they`re against fighting the war incorrectly or without a plan. The most important message that is being sent this election is this: Republicans, if you would have stood for these positions, we would have voted for you again. If you won`t stand for them, we`ll vote for someone who claims they will and give them a spin.

So here`s what I know tonight: Republicans are probably going to lose tomorrow, but not because of the war, not because voters are rejecting conservative values. They`ll lose because they`ve lost their virtue. They are seen as greedy with power, the same way the Democrats were seen when they got demolished in 1994.

I also know I actually feel bad for some of these new Democratic candidates. Jon Tester in Montana? This is a guy whose hand was severely injured from his days working in a butcher`s shop. He`s a simple, plainspoken guy who seems to share my grandfather`s values.

But he and other Democratic candidates who`ve been recruited by Chuck Schumer and the like, they`re being led right into a liberal butcher shop, where I believe Nancy Pelosi and Howard Dean are waiting to run their centrist beliefs right through a meat-grinder like a hunk of veal.

Now here`s what I don`t know: will the real Democratic Party please stand up? If they win, which value system will we see? I think it`s going to be civil war. Is it the grand -- the values of my grandfather and JFK, or the values of Michael Moore?