Thread: Brand loyalty
View Single Post
Old 10-03-02, 02:26 PM   #1
assorted
WAH!

Question Brand loyalty

I think I saw this brought up somewhere else here but I can't find it so here goes...

How do y'all feel about brand loyalty; or loyalty to a program? Are you going to stick with Morpeus no matter what? Or what made you leave Napster? Or any of the others.

Myself, I'd say my loyalty as a consumer is very very thin. I left Napster as soon as Audiognome became stable enough. And I've left Morpheus now that it is Gnucleus as I have Gnucleus already. I might have stuck Audiognome out but events dictated otherwise. And initially I was excited about Vinnie's interaction with Bearshare until I started disagreeing with nearly every direction he started pulling the program in. Regardless, no matter how friendly Vinnie was I would have jumped to Xolox immediately simply because it is a more stable client with superior features.

So, any brand loyalty here? Enough to even possibly make you pay $$ one day? None from me.

If they charge $$ for the software I'll get it cracked. If they charge for the network I'll either try to get around it or I'll switch to something else. And the second the # of files decrease or anything better comes along I'll switch.

Am I alone on that?