View Single Post
Old 26-06-02, 07:43 AM   #20
naz
-

Fruity

A while ago I used to use my University's bband connect in the only way I could ...
thru the napster web interface at inapnow.com. I leeched it good for months ... The connection in my student place was 56k on a phoneline shared with 6 others ... I didnt share much then either ...

About six months ago I got my own broadband connection and ran my audiogalaxy satellites on three pcs on the network from last November to June, 24/7

heres the stats from one of ...

sent: 16,788.33 MB / recv: 4,065.72 MB

and my upload is 20 kps max

So, am I a reformed leech? Am I sharing now out of guilt?

I don't care ... and i don't care if any of those people who downloaded from me shared or not (i think the fact that you couldnt tell who was dling from you on ag was good, if i was back on 56k i wouldnt like some holier than thou cable prick messaging me to share my files).

I always found what I wanted and I was happy to share because it was reasonable that I did.

I think people on nice fat broadband lines that make the decision not to share becuase they believe it will effect their resources are stupid and misguided. But I think, as a problem, leeching has been grossly overrepesented on p2p boards.

In praise of freeloaders
I’ve been a little down because today my doctor diagnosed me with John Travolta Syndrome. It’s a condition where your face or head grows laterally, getting wider year by year. It’s not so much of a problem and it’s nothing to be ashamed of, it’s just a condition. In fact mine is good because it means my brain is getting bigger too. But not that Travolta guy, his head is mostly fat. The doctors said I am much smarter than John Travolta and I believe them.
naz is offline   Reply With Quote