View Single Post
Old 25-06-02, 11:02 PM   #17
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

Quote:
Originally posted by Mazer
If they wanted they could still use a dial-up.
Exactly, I was just about to say that. The last time I checked all the dorms at Universities still have phone lines. Some even have more then one line per room. But I guess that's not an option because that would mean that they would have to suffer....and we can't have that now can we. I guess that would mean that they would have to deal with the slow speeds, tying up their phones, etc...basically all the crap that sharing 56k users have to deal with but are still willing to share.

Unless there is a long line at the pay phones because there are no phone lines in the dorms then you'll get no sympathy from me. Students at Universities can share, the real issue is that it's just too inconvenient for them to setup a 56k service when they already have a broadband connection......which I hear as let everyone else pick up the slack of sharing so that they can leech with their T1 lines. Try telling that to thousands of sharing 56k users who have to deal with their slow speeds while people at Universities get the luxury of leeching with T1 lines. When I was living in a dorm a few years back I had a 56k service so don't even give me that crap.
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote