View Single Post
Old 01-02-07, 12:57 PM   #17
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

You're right, Jack, the only thing at stake for most politicians is public image. This doesn't mean they are without conscience, that the deaths of thousands of Americans does not weigh heavily on their minds. I have no doubt that politicians on both sides want to save as many lives as possible. Miraculously, they can have such desires without ever knowing how rough a soldier's life really is. Being pushed outside of your comfort zone and having your life threatened is not a prerequisite for being commander in chief, though often that is a consequence of becoming president as 18 of them well know. A few new leather chairs and TV's won't actually make Bush more comfortable, Jack, they'll only reduce visits to the chiropractor and optometrist.

And as for his level of intelligence, until you show me his certified I.Q. and it's below 100, you're full of hot air. He's the most well informed an best advised person in the world. His perceived lack of competence is nothing more than the public's lack of confidence in him and I trust his gut more than your's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDixon View Post
Clever.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote