Thread: Cheney
View Single Post
Old 20-02-06, 11:22 AM   #76
Repo

One thing I have to admire about Vice President Dick Cheney is he does and says what he pleases and doesn't give a crap about what anyone else thinks. The guy has hubris...

He became vice president when he was tapped to find the right person to run on the ticket for then Governor George W. Bush. After an extensive search through the Republican Party's best and brightest people, he came to the conclusion that Dick Cheney was the best man for the job of vice president. Since he knew Dick Cheney intimately, he recommended himself for the job and Bush being the wise man we all now know said, "Okay." What chutzpah, his mission is to find the best candidate and he picks himself...

On the Senate floor Cheney once told Sen. Patrick J. Leahy to "F uck yourself." That is a direct quote, if you have a problem with that type of language, take it up with your vice president, he said it I didn't, although I have said it on occasion, just not to a senator or on the senate floor. Cheney is an angry, crotchety, foul-mouthed, old coot, the type of person you wouldn't want your children around and he thought he was the best candidate for the job, shows how little he actually knows...

Leading up to the war with Iraq, Cheney constantly linked Iraq to the 9/11 terrorists even though there was never any link. He did so because he wanted a war for the military industrial complex, the guys that make money from wars, Halliburton is one of those companies and coincidently Cheney was heading that company when he picked himself as the VP candidate. What better way to make your company money than start a war for them to service? That is exactly what Cheney did. Like I said, he will say and do anything once it's in his head, after all he even told Bush that he was the best choice for vice president, so making up reasons to go to war to make Halliburton money is just a little white lie to Cheney...

Now we have Cheney shooting an acquaintance or as they say in Washington, a lobbyist. That is the difference between Texas and Washington, in Texas a lobbyist is known as an acquaintance. Dick Cheney went on a quail hunt and shot his acquaintance Harry Whittington. In fairness to Cheney he didn't mean to do it, it was friendly fire. The White House press corp got mad they weren't properly informed. Maybe next time Cheney goes hunting a reporter will be embedded in his hunting party...

The media is so up in arms over not being properly informed about the Cheney shooting, they forgot to look for the story. The vice president didn't have a hunting license. As someone who has done some hunting in my day I can say without a doubt that a law was broken and Cheney was given preferential treatment. Now laws vary from state to state but usually if someone doesn't have a hunting license and has shot game and or another human being they would be ticketed, their weapon confiscated and they would have to appear in court. Apparently hunting licenses aren't required in Texas or vice presidents aren't required to have hunting licenses. You would think one of the White House press corp might try and find a story here but no they are too busy feeling sorry for themselves that they weren't hand fed the news that Cheney shot someone. No wonder Bush, Cheney and their Republican friends break laws, lie and cheat the American public. They don't have to worry about getting caught, the media is too lame to actually do any investigative reporting and the Republicans know it. Dick Cheney will continue to do and say anything, not only because he can but also because the media lets him....
Repo is offline   Reply With Quote