Old 21-02-03, 08:57 AM   #2
assorted
WAH!

Red Face

extremely groovy as always...

Quote:
The Vin Man to Block Shareaza
First XoLoX, now this

He’s a piece o work alright and he’s taking Bearshare into full defense mode (blocking Shareaza) if he doesn’t get his way. All you can say is about open source and Vinnie is that they’ve never seen eye to eye, unless critics claim, he was getting more than giving.
why is anyone even using bearshare or gnutella anymore? i understand why people need to support people trying to capitalize and expand on gnutella like shareazza or gnucleus; but why does bearshare have an entrenched community of file sharers in the first place??!

Quote:
Microsoft Gets a Clue From Its Kiddie Corps
Forget productivity. The new Peer To Peer Softie project is an irreverent time waster called threedegrees
Steven Levy

The most ambitious feature is called musicmix, an online equivalent of a pajama party where people take turns playing deejay. Each group member contributes favorite tunes into a shared playlist, displayed on a dashboard with a customized “skin,” and everyone listens together. A click from any participant can choose a new song. Then everyone chats about the tunes.
as much as i want to make fun of microsoft.... i think that's a really good idea. i've always wanted an irc script that does that for a channel...