View Single Post
Old 26-02-02, 03:25 AM   #20
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

Ethan,

I admit that I haven't gotten around to Indy's new version of his sig2dat program due to a lack of free time, but I have downloaded and I'm currently talking with Indy on the Morpheus forum in the movies section. Talking to him here too will just mean that we both will be repeating ourselves.

Although, I have just recently downloaded Indy's new program I have already used his older versions and am fully aware of the benefit and potential of Indy's program. Basically, it has been a work in progress and I am waiting for Indy to work out all the bugs before using signature startfiles on my site. If you read the Morpheus forum section I mentioned above then you would know that there are still some problems with Indy's program. We need to wait until many of the bugs are worked out before introducing it to the mass public because most users will have a negative first impression of the program if it is bug prone. They might not want to try it again.

Indy knows how hard it is to get people to use a new program. He's been trying to get more people to use his program for awhile now, but users are still afraid or don't want to deal with it yet.

Also the comments that stoepsel have stated are true. (If you didn't know, stoepsel is one of the 3 volunteers helping me out with the site) His statement about not being able to do a complex database is true. I don't know enough about html to do something that advance. Also, I don't have enough free time to make the website more complex even if I knew how. If you are able to do this and are willing to create a website for it then we should definitely talk. I can easy link Morpheus Info to yours. As I have mentioned on the site, finding correct movies will be more effecient if everyone help out in some way. But we should really wait until most of the major bugs are fixed first.

Indy is doing a great job, and it's too bad that I don't have enough free time to help him progress this program further. I can talk on the forums at work but I can't work on the website or help test indy's programs until I'm done with work.

Last edited by JohnDoe345 : 26-02-02 at 03:36 AM.
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote