View Single Post
Old 10-07-05, 07:00 PM   #5
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Bush aide Rove was Time reporter's source-Newsweek

Reuters
Sunday, July 10, 2005; 6:35 PM

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Top White House advisor Karl Rove was one of the secret sources that spoke to reporters about a covert CIA operative whose identity was leaked to the media, Newsweek magazine reported in its latest edition.

The magazine said Rove's lawyer, Robert Luskin, confirmed that Rove talked to Time magazine about former ambassador Joseph Wilson and his wife, CIA agent Valerie Plame.
so it was Rove...the chief advisor to our tough-on-terror, wartime president, who has no problem whatsoever breaching national security when it is in the president's political interests to do so.
Quote:
Although Rove has made statements about the Plame leak, he has never publicly acknowledged talking to any reporter about the CIA agent.

Rove has carefully chosen his words when questioned about the leak. "I didn't know her name. I didn't leak her name," he told CNN last year when asked if he had had anything to do with it.
this will be the fine legal line that Rove will tiptoe across...that he didn't name her.
Quote:
The Newsweek article said an e-mail Cooper sent his bureau chief after briefly talking with Rove stated that "it was, KR said, Wilson's wife, who apparently works at the agency on wmd (weapons of mass destruction) issues who authorized the trip."
Buzzflash cuts through the mainstream media crap: if you tell a reporter Joe Wilson's wife is a CIA operative specialing in weapons of mass destruction, you are outing her in violation of the national security interests of the United States. a 4 year old could figure that out - get us a 4 year old.

Back in September 2003, when the White House was still resisting the appointment of a special prosecutor, the President reportedly told his aides, including Mr. Rove, "I want to get to the bottom of this." His press secretary told the country that the President considered the leak to be "a very serious matter" and said that anyone responsible would be fired. "If anyone in this administration was involved in it, they would no longer be in this administration," said Scott McClellan, speaking for Mr. Bush.

by the president's own reported standards (which, of course, are subject to change daily), Rove should be fired, if not prosecuted.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote