View Single Post
Old 01-02-07, 11:31 PM   #29
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
A republic is a small group of people that governs the rest of the population with the mandate of that population. We have democratic elections but that does not make us a democracy, and because we are not a democracy our government should not flip flop in response to public opinion polls. A republic that pretends to be a democracy is having a crisis of identity and needs to get its act together. It needs representatives who stick to the promises that got them elected in the first place.

Lincoln was a Republican, by the way. He would not have approved of our leaders consulting opinion polls after they were elected.
Come again?

Quote:
We have democratic elections but that does not make us a democracy, and because we are not a democracy our government should not flip flop in response to public opinion polls.
You are not a democracy? Then how come say that the USA did bring a democracy to Iraq? Quite an oximoron yes?

So if the United States of America is not a democracy, what is it then, totalitarian, fascist?

So what you say is that the people have the right to vote but once their vote casted, they have to shut the fuck up?

I used Lincoln as an example for his words are worth shit to the actual republican party that is in office today, afterall, didn't Bush referred to the constitution as only a god damned piece of paper?

Quite a slap in the face of the achivement of Lincoln eh? For the people by the people. I am sure he didn't mean all your civil liberties taken away for a little security... Today's republicans are very far from what Lincoln Idealogy was when he founded this party, he seem more like a democrat with his values and ideas than a turn of this century republican. The only true republican in my views today is Ron Paul.
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote