View Single Post
Old 23-10-05, 01:59 PM   #4
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

You know, if I worked as some kind of aid to some cheif of staff in the president's cabinet, my word wouldn't mean shit, even if I was bureaucrat with of some influence and stature. That, of course, doesn't mean that there aren't dozens of reporters who would print my opinions and thousands more readers who would believe them. We keep hearing all these "insiders" comming out to attack this adiminstration as if their "confessions" and "whistle blowing" are purely altruistic gestures by selfless patriots with no ambitions of their own. They're really just saying what they think people want to hear, especially when they're giving speeches at institutions that hire them to do just that.

As much as people would like it not to be true, the middle management bureaucrats in the government who parlay instructions between the people at the top who give their speaches and the people at the bottom who do the actual work are the people with the most power. Not individualy, mind you, because they're always trying to climb that ladder, always in competetion with each other. Collectively they would be a force to be reckoned with if they could organize, but these types of people are not team players which is why I'm so incredulous about these accusations that keep sprouting up. These individuals get their fifteen minutes of fame in the hopes that someday, after this administration has passed, that they'll be that much more promotable if the newly elected president happened to run against the incumbent party. Make no mistake, they're every bit as arrogant and ambitious as candidates for national elections, with the added bonus that they don't have to impress a majority of the public, just those officials with the power to hand out promotions.

On a side note, ever notice how half these people have the qualifier 'former' attached to their titles? You think maybe this Wilkerson guy has an axe to grind? The "dysfunction" he's aledging is probably this administration's failure to increase his pay scale.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote