View Single Post
Old 25-06-02, 05:52 PM   #19
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

Default Re: The Java vs. .NET debate - My 2 cents

Quote:
Originally posted by Stoepsel
The Java Runtime Environment is easily installed and removed. Can you say the same for .NET?
.NET does have an uninstall option in window's add/remove feature. I haven't uninstalled it so I don't know if it is as easy to uninstall as other programs.

Quote:
To me, Java is a proven technology I know and (for the most part) trust. .NET has not yet shown me that it can back up all the hype surrounding it.
I agree with this. Until .NET can prove itself through extensive testing to be better then programs like Java then it might not be such a good idea to jump on the .NET bandwagon. So far I don't have any problems from .NET that I can tell but most people are always hesitant to use something new when they already have something that works. What makes the situation worst is that it's from Microsoft.....I don't think I need to explain further.

If .NET does prove itself to be a great program then you might want to think about making a version for it in the future. Right now I think the best way to get a lot of people to use your program is with Java. A lot more users are more willing to install Java then .NET.

Quote:
@AYB:
Will you be using the most recent version of the JDK (1.4)?
I was wondering about this too. I already have version 1.3.1 installed on my XP machine. Will I have to install the lastest one? It's not really a problem if I have to....just wanted to know.
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote