View Single Post
Old 21-01-02, 11:38 PM   #3
napho
Dawn's private genie

I got that link from something posted by Grokster support. On a long download I don't think Fasttrack is very aggressive. Edonkey and Imesh seem to keep looking for more sources constantly.

Support
Charter Member
527 posts
Jan-22-02, 03:15 AM (GMT)

1. "RE: how do I interpret downloads?"
In response to message #0

LAST EDITED ON Jan-22-02 AT 03:19 AM (GMT)

If you are on a dialup link, we suggest that you only download one or two files at a time.

The download and bandwidth columns give you some idea of the speed you can expect. Generally the smaller the download time, the better, and the higher the bandwidth number, the better. Most people on dialup are best served usually by clicking on the files that have the "+" to the left as this will allow Grokster to maximize the speed of the connections.

Upload and download speeds are a function of the speed of each users connection as well as how busy each user is, among many other factors. When possible select files that have a small "+" to the left as this indicates multiple sources and Grokster will pull from several of them simultaneously, thus speeding up the download. Remember that many users are on dial up connections which operate very slowly with large files.

This program may also be of help:

http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~mab201
napho is offline   Reply With Quote