View Single Post
Old 08-06-07, 11:09 PM   #9
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_silver View Post
The latest theories as to why the honeybees are loosing their ways is mostly due to cell phone towers. Want to get those crops growing by, you'll need to convince those addicts that they will have to ditch those devices, hard to do considering of the strong lobby.
Be careful where you get your information.

Quote:
From Wikipedia
In April 2007, news of a University of Landau study appeared in major media, beginning with an article in The Independent that stated that the subject of the study was mobile phones and had related them to Colony Collapse Disorder. Cellular phones were in fact not covered in the study, and the researchers have since emphatically disavowed any connection between their research, cell phones, and CCD, specifically indicating that the Independent article had misinterpreted their results and created "a horror story".
If you were willing to ignore the hype in the media long enough to study the facts then maybe you wouldn't be such an alarmist. But if you're always going to dwell on the worst case scenario then you're wasting your time debating me. It's not that I'm stubborn, it's just that I'm skeptical of any argument that begins with, "The sky is falling!"
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote