View Single Post
Old 27-02-02, 06:05 AM   #27
indiana_jones
B2B Protagonist ... Life is ... Bubble to Bubble ... Beer to Beer ... love a VLAIBB (Very Lonesome Artificial Intelligence Brained Bubble) @ http://www.geocities.com/vlaibb vlaibb@yahoo.com

hey ethen,
of course it's all right, you can link as you want and also use all information and text from my homepage as you want to. i'm just happy when i see people using it (maybe i find some signatures of quality mp3 rips to download for me).

differences sig2dat 3.1.a 3.2.a:
3.1.a uses a read method(overlapped) which is not supported by win9x/me os but is much faster. so if it works for you, you can use 3.1.a because 3.2.a is much slower but they do the same thing.

concerning sw sharing:
from the calculation of UUHash, i learned that it is not 100% secure - in fact only sample blocks of the files are taken for hash calculation. that is enaugh for identifying the files - but it is not as i believed that every bit counts - this is true only for certain parts of the file.
there are additional security problems for sw - so you could worst case download a faked file from a totally faked client - with some virus inserted underways
for sw sharing, there should be a 'long' and exhaustive signature, which is calculated by sig2dat and published and only used for verification.
i thought of some 256 Byte double md5 Hash, which is calculated from all bytes of the files in the forward and the backward direction including filesize.

indy
UUHash:=1LDYkHDl65OprVz37xN1VSo9b00=

Copy the lines above and use 'Paste from Clipboard' function of
sig2dat 3.11.a (supports quicklinks) to create a startfile for your FastTrack p2p client for safe download

indiana_jones is offline   Reply With Quote