View Single Post
Old 08-11-04, 07:49 PM   #8
thinker
Ex-Singular

JFK said once that if you win by one vote, then you have a mandate. With all the shit flying around on whether GWB got a mandate or not, take that into consideration, as well as the fact that:

he is the first presidential candidate since George H.W. Bush in 1988 to receive over 50% of the popular vote;

he turned over two states to Kerry's one, that being New Hampshire which was still close and was likely on Kerry's side primarily because of his Masshole influence;

and it doesn't matter who you get out there on your side as long as they are legit voters. The last Democratic candidate to receive more than 50% was Jimmy Carter in 1976 (50.1%), and we all know what a prince he was.

Although there is no candidate out there that truly fits my views, I can look at the election itself and say that it was pretty legit. If Kerry won the same way, I would still be able to say that. So there are certain people out there who need to "move on" and accept the fact that even though the candidate of their choice did not win, it was a mandate.
thinker is offline   Reply With Quote