View Single Post
Old 27-02-02, 01:42 PM   #19
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

Quote:
Originally posted by pod

But if you are on hub A, and want to download something from a user on hub B, you also have to be on hub B. Which means the other user can also download from you. No? I assume DC++ works by connecting to multiple hubs simultaneously. DC++ is not liked because, well, just because it's DC++, or maybe because someone things it does something to make sharing less effective for non-DC++ users.
Well, what I assumed was that DC++ people could download off users in other hubs too and not just the one they are in. But if that were true then everyone would be using it because it would be like Morpheus.

I now think the reason why admins don't like DC++ is because it allows users to search other hubs, so if the users find what they want in a different hub then they would go there. The admins don't like you leaving because you would be taking all of your files away. But I'm still new to DC so anyone with more experience please shed some light onto the subject.

fogelbise,

From my experience DC isn't that great for large files like movies since there is no multi-sourcing. Most broadband users have a cap of around 128kbps, but what makes it worst is that many hubs require you share more then 1 upload slot. This just further divides all uploads speeds.

Also, in your case you wouldn't be allowed into most hubs because a lot of them require you to share 10gigs and up. DC can be a nice program but there are a handful of negative things about it that's keeping it from becoming mainstream. Although, if you find a hub that caters to the type of files you like then you're in file heaven. We are talking about TB amounts data from just 200 or more users I think of DC as an extra p2p program I use rather then the main one.
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote