View Single Post
Old 24-02-02, 03:21 PM   #10
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

Quote:
Originally posted by TankGirl

An interesting detail from the statistics: 1568 TB shared content / 56424 users = 28.4 GB shared / user - that is some serious sharing!
If you fit the requirements for most hubs then like phateboard says, "you're in file heaven". One of the hubs I was in there were only about 200 users but they were sharing over 10 TB of data!! That's amazing when you compare that ratio to some other programs. But don't worry, not all hubs have a high requirement. There are still a handful of hubs not requiring anything and some even let 56k users in.

Just don't piss off the admins. You'll quickly get banned. Although, if you have the room on your hard drive you should fill it up first at other p2p programs and then use Direct Connect. The hubs with the high requirements are usually the ones sharing the "good stuff" but not always.

Quote:
[i]by JS[i/]
128k up, people are already queued enough as it is at the house of spratts. i put any more files on and i'll have a little angry mob on my hands by those awaiting entry.
I think most users at Direct Connect have a 128 cap or some cap on their bandwidth. I myself do and many of the users I download from seem to as well. I haven't gotten flamed once yet. What I do is only share 1 slot so that the person uploading from me gets my full upload speed.

Although, the problem with that is that many hubs require that you share more then 1 slot, but many of them don't check so you can get away with it. The way I see is that I'm helping out the community because it only takes a few hours to download a large file from me compared 10 or more hours and even days if I share more then one upload slot.

Direct Connect isn't for everyone, but some of you might really like it. Like most p2p programs it's better for downloading certain files over another (I have yet to find a perfect p2p program for everything). It doesn't have muti-sourcing so very large files (300mb and up) can be a pain sometimes. You would want to find T1 and up connection for those files.
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote