View Single Post
Old 21-11-05, 11:12 PM   #3
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

LOL, but turning off auto-run is safer than having a chunk of gummy tape come off a spinning CD and go blowing around inside the drive and destroy the drive. Tape could also unbalance the CD and make it shatter while spinning.

Just turn off auto-run, rip the tracks to HD and then exchange the CD for one that does not have the protection.

The best thing about this fiasco is that some of the industry's sneaky tactics have been exposed. Further, these tactics have been shown to be used for purposes other than the copy protection - including spying on user's activities without consent.

Would have loved to be a fly on the wall at some of the meetings Sony undoubtedly had over this. There were probably a number of rather terse phone calls as well. I bet somebody got a roto-rooter style reaming over it.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote