View Single Post
Old 25-07-01, 07:41 PM   #11
[Dark]
1981 - 2003

Quote:
Originally posted by TankGirl

Hi nanook, here are my experiences on these questions...

The bandwidth control is very usable also for dial-ups. First of all, it makes a lot of sense to limit your upload bandwidth below your theoretical maximum on a dial-up, thereby leaving room for the necessary upstream traffic generated by your own downloads. You can test to find an optimum point where your own download speeds are not yet badly affected by the ongoing uploads.

Dial-up or not, bandwidth control can also be used as a leech control tool. It is quite easy to favour sharers and discourage leechers by adjusting bandwidth priorities for single transfers in heavy uploading situations. You can also set bandwidth priorities in advance to any songs that you see queued on your end. Note that the general bandwidth control must be enabled to have the single transfer controls available.

As for connectivity problems, I would contribute a good part of them to firewalls (just an educated guess), especially in the WPNP environment. There are also known compatibilty issues between WinMX and audioGnome.

- tg
said better than i could have said it......well done tg
[Dark] is offline   Reply With Quote