View Single Post
Old 30-01-02, 05:04 PM   #4
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Wink

Some fresh observations:

First of all: it has been stable so far...

The installation was clear and went smoothly. It's not an upgrade but a separate installation so you will have a blank hotlist, a blank ignore list and - unfortunately - a blank opennap server list when you have it running for the first time.

It seems that you have to feed all OpenNap servers you want to use manually. There is a 'Locate Servers' button which takes your browser to WinMX site... no joy of that.

I had some trouble getting into WPNP but after fiddling with firewall/port settings I got there.

The user interface is the best so far (for WinMX) but there are still some oddities (like chat window gettting nastily hidden behind the main window, takes some searching to get it visible again....). Luckily it is possible to have the hotlist window now docked to the main window.

The only real bug I have encountered so far was that messages from a person kept coming as separate new messages instead of getting directed to an already opened chat window... making chat in this case close to impossible.

But the real question is: what new is there? What happened to multisource downloads?

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote