Thread: New Thread
View Single Post
Old 22-07-06, 06:15 PM   #23
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer
Some would tell you that God is not a creation and that therefore nothing came before him. That answer always seemed a little self-serving to me. I prefer to imagine that in heaven there is no concept of time, therefore there is no such things as before or after. But for mortals like us, who experience the passage of time, it's difficult to describe heavenly events using languages that uses tense, so usually we default to using a past tense to describe them. Trying to answer questions of eternal affairs using the language of causality leads to great confusion. I won't say that the truth is incomprehensible to mortals, but we simply lack the knowledge and experience to frame answerable questions about God and heaven. Maybe that's life's purpose, to experience causality, even for a short time, so we may better understand eterniy after our temporal existence has ended.
i basically agree with you on this - that the questions of God and creation are likely to be far beyond our realm of understanding. for this reason, i cannot fathom why anyone would buy the simplistic and child-like explanation put forth by the Bible - unless they have to prop up the rest of thier belief structure.

that being said, i know evolution is an ongoing process because i have seen it. therefore, i also know that, regardless of whatever one's version of creation is, evolution (like it or not) is all part of the Master Plan
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote