Thread: New Thread
View Single Post
Old 22-07-06, 05:50 PM   #22
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEMANBANNED
Note to self : When bottle of rum shows up ......do not post it politcal forum

Have always wondered this though ........

In the really really big picture of things?.........If there is a God and created the heavens and earth........Who created God so that God could do these things ?

I`m looking at the creation side right now .....so who created God?
Where did it ALL come from ?
Some would tell you that God is not a creation and that therefore nothing came before him. That answer always seemed a little self-serving to me. I prefer to imagine that in heaven there is no concept of time, therefore there is no such things as before or after. But for mortals like us, who experience the passage of time, it's difficult to describe heavenly events using languages that uses tense, so usually we default to using a past tense to describe them. Trying to answer questions of eternal affairs using the language of causality leads to great confusion. I won't say that the truth is incomprehensible to mortals, but we simply lack the knowledge and experience to frame answerable questions about God and heaven. Maybe that's life's purpose, to experience causality, even for a short time, so we may better understand eterniy after our temporal existence has ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife
so you believe in creationism?
Yes, I mostly suscribe to the Genesis account of the creation of the universe, though I figure the book uses terms like light, earth, heavens, and day figuratively. A day in Genesis most likely was not a 24 hour long Earth day, for instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicobie
And then you have the nerve to say mormons are the salt of the earth?
Is this what I've said?
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote