Thread: eDonkey hell
View Single Post
Old 11-03-02, 11:17 AM   #6
Smoketoomuch
freak

donkey with both is excellent, its my numero uno p2p app now. Best combination: www.sharereactor.com, bot 1.1, donkey v59. Don't give up, (I did once, and now I see it as a mistake) and it is also very OK for songs and videoclips - I even found some rare bands I couldn't on morpheus back then.... But yes, its best for softs and movs.

ps. The longer you use it the better it gets somehow, just never mind that ID numbers (mine is steadily growing the more I use it...). I think donkey is the most technologically advanced p2p app - none others can download unfinished business - so far its quite unique. And as far as speed goes, its slow only if you search for something with low availability, but that's how every p2p works. I just downloaded a map for someone, and it had a great availability, so I got speeds (for both parts) above 70k/sec. You have to set your connection speed in the bot, then set how much portion of your bw the bot will allow donkey to use. My setting is 512 down 256 up, but limit with both to 2/3 of it which means 158 down and 77 up.