View Single Post
Old 19-04-01, 03:14 PM   #37
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Drakonix
I want to make sure I understand the plan so far:

1. Create all threads in the Underground Forum.
2. Underground is the main discussion area for threads.
3. Move the threads to other forum areas as appropriate, at conclusion of discussion.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think general guidelines for each area are a good idea.
This forum is an open experiment so these are just my personal views on how this could work best:

1. There is no need to post first on The Underground if the poster feels that his/her post fits better into Peer To Peer. This is not a 'storage area' for cooled down threads but rather an area dedicated to more focused on-topic discussion without the high-volume personal chit-chat pushing the active topics out from the front page. I myself will probably post my more 'serious' essays directly in here.

2. The main discussion area for each thread is naturally the forum on which it is posted. When the Napsterites learn what sort of material is being posted in here, they will learn to check also Peer to Peer now and then and take part in the discussion as they are moved to.

3. Moving threads between forums should not be a standard practice as it is always a slight distraction for those looking for the thread that has been moved (it is a good idea to leave a link for the thread to the original forum). But moving a thread can be useful, especially if one makes a substantial post first onto The Underground and then finds out that the post does not get the sort of attention it deserves. As we are still quite a small community, good threads should not need much bumping in Peer to Peer - even slow-pace discussion will keep them alive and visible as long as there is something to discuss about them.

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote