View Single Post
Old 07-01-04, 10:43 AM   #13
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by tambourine-man
I'm surprised people still bother watching those crappy 24-hour 'news' channels - way I see it, there's only so much news in the world that's going to be relavant....

Your link was ignored, I don't believe G.W. Loves Michael Jackson......

Anyhow, who decides what is and is not relavant to individuals around the world? You? Those channels spit out all kinds of different news from all around the world. Some--maybe a lot-- I find irrelavant, like what JLo and Ben had for supper the night before but there are people out there who care about that sort of shit, so they tell it.

Well things are looking up////

PepsiCo inks deal with Iraqi bottler

No. 2 soft-drink maker signs a deal with Baghdad Soft Drinks to distribute its products in Iraq.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - PepsiCo Inc., the nation's second-largest soft drink maker, said on Wednesday it signed a deal with Baghdad Soft Drinks Co. to bottle and distribute Pepsi products in Iraq.

The move, which the company said is expected to create about 2,000 jobs at Baghdad Soft Drinks, marks PepsiCo's return to Iraq after a 13-year absence mandated by international trade sanctions. PepsiCo entered the Iraq market in 1950.

The deal calls for Baghdad Soft Drinks to bottle PepsiCo's trademark Pepsi-Cola as well as its Seven-Up and Mirinda drinks.

http://money.cnn.com/2004/01/07/news...reut/index.htm