View Single Post
Old 05-03-02, 12:12 AM   #6
pod
Bumbling idiot

Default Re: Danse Macabre of Fasttrack - nominee for longest post competition (sorry)

Quote:
Originally posted by Smoketoomuch
You may have noticed that I became a big fan of donkey, but my only point here is to see which is the most advanced p2p prog today – that has something more in addition to multiple source dl, and the donkey is one – and excellent leech control, which, actually can’t be called forced sharing either, since it is a technology (that is the file u are downloading can be downloaded from u) that is simply makes file sharing more effective.
I've been saying this way back in the MC forums... Morpheus had NOTHING on eDonkey when it came to multiple source dowloads. It's beautiful how it works. And no leech control, though your effective download speed is largely determined by how fast you're uploading and how much you're sharing, which is pretty slow if you're just leeching.

WinMX promises to match eDonkey's multi-source, I've noticed my incomplete downloads being utilized, but not sure if this works WHILE downloading, or only when your download stops. Warrants some further testing at the least.
pod is offline   Reply With Quote