View Single Post
Old 29-11-07, 09:53 PM   #26
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife View Post
a sad attempt at concern-trollery, laddie, and you've got your facts backward. your article is dated 2007, whereas here's me making this very same point in March, 2006.

so, apparently, there really is no reason why you should be bulldozed because you bought into your own dubious line of reasoning...and while i doubt if i was the first person to argue that there is some precedent for successful government/industry collaboration, i clearly made this point long before your guys ever came along
I see you're morphing your argument from "government investment in technology" to "government/industry collaboration" in your attempts to score an easy point out of the obvious fact that virtually all industry has some degree of collaboration with government.

Sticking to the investment argument like someone with integrity I'll point out that private investors have trillions of dollars that they're eager to invest in anything they see as having the potential for success while government politicians have billions of appropriated tax money they're primarily interested in using to further their political careers and don't give a shit if it's poured down a drain.

But if you want to talk about "government/industry collaboration" why don't you mention the 800lb gorilla in military spending and crow about the "success" that's brought?

Last edited by albed : 29-11-07 at 10:03 PM.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote