View Single Post
Old 19-12-01, 11:24 PM   #6
schmooky007
hi

Thumbs down

here are a few excerpts from the FAQ:

What file format and bitrate are the download tracks?
For download files, pressplay currently uses the Window Media Audio (WMA) format encoded at 128 Kbps stereo.

*** talk about quality

If I do not use up my downloads, do they carry over into the next billing period?
The unused downloads allotted for your membership period do not carry over to the next month. At the beginning of each billing period, your allotted downloads will reset to the amount described in your membership plan regardless of whether you have unused downloads left over from the prior month.

Can I burn an entire album?
pressplay's current licensing agreements with the music labels only allow two tracks to be burned for each artist per month.

Do I have to be online to burn CDs?
Yes, in order to burn CDs you must have an active Internet connection.

*** that one really made me laugh

Which tracks am I allowed to burn to CD?
Any track that has the burn icon displayed in the Options column of the search results can be burned to CD, provided you have sufficient burns left on your membership. Note that a track must be downloaded before it can be burned.

*** note: this gives you a wink wink that you may not be able burn all of the tracks available in their catalogue

looking at the FAQ page and basically reading between the lines, it becomes quite apparent that the people behind pressplay log each and every track you stream, download, or burn to CD

lets not forget that by subscribing to pressplay you are also giving them quite a bit of personal information about yourself. one would have to wonder whether there is no user profiling going on........ perhaps some juicy info to share with "selected partners"

so........... whos joining first???
schmooky007 is offline   Reply With Quote