View Single Post
Old 14-04-02, 12:51 PM   #6
Spikologia

Quote:
Originally posted by hda12

I m sure, FastTrack can control the actions of their supernodes. Otherwise the autoupgrade or the lock out from Morpheus 1.3.3. could not happen. So I think, FastTrack can lock out Version 1.4 if they want do this.
As far as I know, only v1.5+ of KaZaA\Grokster can tell v1.3.3 to upgrade. v1.4 was released about 2 months before v1.5 I think, so it probably didn't have this mechanism to lock Morpheus out. Therefore I beleive (though not sure) that v1.4 supports v1.3.3 clients (including Morpheus) since v1.4 came out BEFORE KaZaA got into Sharman networks hands and hopefully they didn't have the idea of taking Morpheus out in mind yet.

And about KaZaA v1.4 being locked out - maybe (I have no basis to say this, just guessing) the reason Sharman Networks were so rushed to take v1.4 of the net and strangely release v1.3.4 was because they found v1.4 cannot be locked out the way they planned so they had to act fast and take it out of use?
Probably not, as there could be hundreds of other reasons, but who knows. Anyways, fact is that v1.4 hasn't been locked out YET, this has gotta mean something, it is much older than v1.5 (by the rate new versions are coming out, that is)... And we know for sure that newer versions of KaZaA have more "surprises" and no real new features, then why not stick with the oldest one still working?
Spikologia is offline   Reply With Quote