View Single Post
Old 14-01-04, 04:16 PM   #5
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by span
since he's not a US citizen and is in fact an enemy of the US captured on the feild of battle why should he be allowed the same rights (IE an appeal in civilian courts) as a US citizen ?

The constitution protects all people on American Soil. Does not matter if you are a citizen or not. I believe Guantanamo Bay is considered US Soil.

To Quote Mr. Hicks father....

Terry Hicks, the father of Australian Guantanamo Bay detainee David Hicks, admits his son may have received military training with Al Qaeda but not terrorist training.

Mr Hicks says his son received military training from Al Qaeda but he says it was in preparation to fight for the Taliban against the Northern Alliance.

The US ambassador to Australia, Tom Schieffer-----"I don't think Al Qaeda is kind of into helping the sisters of the poor, they're doing bad things and ... I think we've seen the result of Al Qaeda training," Mr Schieffer said.

"I have great sympathy for a parent in the position Mr Hicks is in and I think obviously his point of view is different to mine but that's his son that he's talking about."

I agree with Mr. Schieffer