View Single Post
Old 01-03-04, 09:24 PM   #28
scooobiedooobie

Quote:
Originally posted by theknife
hmmm....you fellas seemed to think killing a retreating and wounded enemy was pretty nifty when it was done in Iraq, as caught on tape in the Apache killing video.
i don’t think that killing a wounded retreating enemy is “nifty”, and i'm sure that no-one else thinks it's "nifty". i’ve heard a lot about the video clip, haven’t seen it, and don’t want to see it.

obviously that film was released to the public…and obviously the army isn't going to release footage that makes them look bad. so, i think it's safe to say that it's a trimmed down version..put out with the sole purpose of making them look like murderers. our troops are trained to try not to return fire when they think that innocent civilians could be caught in the crossfire.

every single discharge of weaponry since the end of open hostility is being looked at very carefully by military investigators. if there wasn't just cause for the action depicted in that video clip, we'd of already heard about the court martials.

how do you know what happened 5 or 10 minutes before and after that video clip? were you there? how do you know that the reason for them firing wasn't edited out by one of you bush haters to spread more of your conspiracy and lies? let's get all the footage. the rule should be to give our people the benefit of the doubt. why do you assume that our guys are the bad ones, and the other guy is innocent?

what about the video from desert storm of the iraqi's on the bridge waving white flags..then when the helicopter gets close, their buddies below the bridge come out and shoot down the ‘copter.

sry for the rant…but you people make me see red. it’s one thing to disagree with the war in iraq, but to suggest that our men and women are murdering innocent civilians is pure propaganda against them. these same men and women are putting their lives on the line.. proctecting your right to bitch and moan against them, bush, the war on terror..and all you people do is try to make them look like murdering war criminals.

you think kerry is a “hero” and worthy of the “silver star” for killing a wounded retreating man. you respect him for protesting the war, and accusing his fellow soldiers of murder, testifying against them..pronouncing them guilty of all kinds of horrible atrocities, and making sure that the pow’s and mia’s wouldn’t stand a chance of ever coming home.

you all sound just like kerry, no wonder you admire him so much.
scooobiedooobie is offline   Reply With Quote