View Single Post
Old 19-04-02, 04:27 AM   #33
Spikologia

Well I found Grokster 1.3.3 somewhere and it doesn't work - you might have gotten into an independent "iMorpheus"-like v1.3.3 network which collapsed soon after. This cannot be used to revive anything

Anyways I agree with some of the posts here - there is no real use and bringing Morpheus 1.3.3 back, although I truly beleive this is possible with KaZaA 1.4.
However, KaZaA Lite isn't our solution. Sharman Networks already declared war on KaZaA Lite, and working together with Cydoor they could probably easily eliminate KaZaA Lite (by making sure next versions of KaZaA can't be hacked, and then dropping all older versions).
KaZaA 1.4 might help with this, as it seems it wasn't eliminated from the network, while KaZaA 1.3.4, a NEWER release (even though the version number is smaller, 1.3.4 is newer than 1.4) IS blocked from the network. The big question is - why isn't KaZaA 1.4 isn't blocked - is it because it is still used by some lisencee (like iMesh maybe), maybe because they just forgot it existed, maybe they didn't think it's enough widespread to block, or maybe some difficuly arised when they tried to block it. If the latter is correct, KaZaA 1.4 is the answer to all our FastTrack-related problems. If not, it can still be used to make sure we have a spyware-free alternative, but newer versions MIGHT be better for this.
Spikologia is offline   Reply With Quote